WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Holy Scriptures to be the divinely inbreathed, infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the Persons of the Holy Trinity.
- We believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, His deity, His sinless humanity and perfect life, the eternal all-sufficiency of His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father’s right hand, and His personal coming again at His second advent.
- We believe that justification is a judicial act of God on the believer’s behalf solely on the merits of Christ, and that regeneration by the power of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- We believe in holy living, the present day reality of the baptism in the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the Lord’s supernatural healing of the human body.
- We believe in Christ’s Lordship of the Church, the observance of the ordinances of Christian baptism by immersion for believers, and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed in heaven and the eternal doom of the unregenerate in the lake of fire.
STATEMENT OF FUNDAMENTAL
& ESSENTIAL TRUTHS
God, our Creator, loves us and calls us into a loving relationship with Himself. But our human inclination to do wrong—that is, to sin—separates us from Him. He is holy—set apart—and sin separates us from Him, preventing us from knowing Him in an intimate way. The Bible says, “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).* The Bible also says that “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). One day every action and deed will be brought to account and given its rightful reward or punishment, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive what is due them for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad” (2 Corinthians 5:10).
But we can escape judgment by putting our trust in Christ, who took on the punishment that we deserve. We can have complete forgiveness for the wrongs we have done in our lives, and be assured of fellowship with God here on earth and for all eternity, by entering into a personal relationship with Christ, by faith. It’s as simple as believing that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came to live on the earth in human form, suffered and then died on a cross for our sins, and was raised again to life again on the third day—and then specifically inviting Him into our lives in a personal way, committing ourselves to His complete rule and Lordship in our lives.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). The Bible also says, “To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12). When we receive Christ, our lives change. We become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). We enjoy an intimate relationship with God the Father. We learn to hear His voice, and receive direction for our lives.
Jesus also said, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me” (Revelation 3:20). When you feel a desire to draw nearer to God or to learn more about Christ, you can “open the door” by asking Christ to be Lord of your life in your own words. If you’re not sure what to say, try this prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I need You. I am sorry for all the wrong things I have done in my life. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Saviour and Lord. Thank You for forgiving me and giving me eternal life. Take control of every area of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.”
God responds to all who genuinely seek Him in faith. If you have prayed in this way, trust Him to begin to work in your heart and life as He has promised, and to reveal Himself to you.
*All Scriptures NIV
GROWING IN FAITH
Living for Christ is the most life changing and rewarding decision you will ever make. A relationship with Him enriches every area of your life, and impacts the way you perceive and interact with the world—including your family, your friends, and your community.
Believers at every stage of their journey with Jesus benefit from continued encouragement and intentional discipleship—the process of learning how to become more like Christ.